Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Post of the Day

To follow up from the Quote of the day post, here's basically a response (although it wasn't written in response to her):
I legally carry a concealed handgun on a daily basis. I don’t take my decision to carry lightly.

I’m not a police officer, a private investigator, a bail bondsman or a bounty hunter. I don’t deal with criminals on a daily or professional basis. I’m just an ordinary guy.

I don’t carry merely because it’s my right, although I’m within my rights to do so and I also believe that any right not exercised is a right in danger of being lost.

I don’t carry just because I enjoy firearms and shooting sports, although I do.

I don’t carry because I frequent “bad” areas of town, although in this day and age, any area of town can be “bad” at times. Crime can and does happen when you least expect it. [link]
Read the rest of the post, it is a good post on the reasons to carry a firearm (when legally permitted).

No comments:

Post a Comment